Saturday 8 March 2008

Saturday morning

For five seconds I am blissfully unaware of anything but my breathing, I am in-between being asleep and being awake – I am both and neither. This is the calm before the storm.

I wake up.

The first thing I notice is that I am covered in blood

Then the pounding inside my skull and behind my eyes begins, and then, then I hear the ringing in my ears, a deafening squeal that threatens to shatter the few remaining teeth in my mouth

I look around, there is blood everywhere

I feel sick.

The heating hasn’t come on, I am cold and naked. I feel exposed. I stand up and knock an empty wine bottle over.

There is blood everywhere.

I look at myself in the mirror and see a wild eyed man staring back at me. I shudder and recoil, when did I cut all my hair off? When did I get so old?

My foot skids in a half congealed puddle of dark red blood.

This is the end.

No comments: